View our 2023 brochure for an easy guide on all of the products and services.
Metal roofing accessories are components specifically designed to complement and enhance metal roofing systems. They play a vital role in improving the roof's performance, aesthetics, and overall durability. Here are some common metal roofing accessories:
- Ridge Caps: Ridge caps are installed along the peak of the roof to provide a weatherproof seal and protect the roof's highest point. They are available in various profiles to match different metal roofing styles.
- Eave Trim (Drip Edge): Eave trim, also known as drip edge, is installed at the roof's edge to direct water away from the fascia and prevent it from seeping under the roofing material. It also gives the roof a neat, finished appearance.
- Gable Trim: Gable trim is used to finish and protect the edges of the metal roofing panels along the gable ends of the roof.
- Valley Flashing: Valley flashing is used in roof valleys, where two roof planes meet, to direct water away from the joint and prevent leaks in these critical areas.
- Z-Flashing: Z-flashing is used around roof penetrations, such as chimneys, skylights, and vents, to provide a waterproof barrier and prevent water from entering vulnerable areas.
- Ventilation Accessories: Proper ventilation is essential for metal roofing systems. Ridge vents, roof louvers, and soffit vents are metal roofing accessories used to ensure proper airflow in the attic space, reducing heat buildup and preventing moisture-related issues.
- Gutters and Downspouts: While not directly part of the metal roofing system, gutters and downspouts are essential accessories used to manage rainwater runoff effectively and protect the building's foundation.
Metal roofing accessories are engineered to work seamlessly with metal roofing panels, providing additional weatherproofing, protection against leaks, and aesthetic enhancement. When properly selected and installed, these accessories can significantly contribute to the longevity and performance of a metal roofing system.
Rolling Downspout Pipes
A rolling downspout pipe, also known as a retractable downspout or flexible downspout extension, is a type of gutter accessory used to extend and direct the flow of water away from a building's foundation. It is designed to connect to a traditional downspout and can be adjusted to various lengths as needed.
Foam closure strips, also known as foam closure tapes or foam closure strips, are a type of sealing material used in construction, particularly in roofing applications. They are designed to seal the gaps between roofing panels, providing weatherproofing and preventing the ingress of moisture, dust, and pests into the building's interior. These closure strips are often made from foam materials, such as polyethylene or polyurethane, which offer flexibility and excellent sealing properties.
Butyl tape is a type of versatile adhesive sealing tape known for its excellent sealing and bonding properties. It is composed of a synthetic rubber called butyl, which is a copolymer of isobutylene and isoprene. The tape is usually black or gray and has a sticky, tacky surface on both sides.
One of the significant advantages of butyl tape is its ease of application. It can be cut to the desired length and easily adhered to the surfaces, providing an effective seal without the need for complex tools or equipment. It's essential to follow the manufacturer's recommendations and guidelines when using butyl tape for specific applications to ensure optimal performance and longevity. Different formulations and thicknesses of butyl tape are available to suit various sealing and bonding requirements.
A self-tapping screw is a type of fastener that can create its own thread as it is driven into a material, such as metal or plastic, without the need for a pre-drilled hole or a nut. These screws have a unique thread design with a sharp point, allowing them to cut into the material as they are screwed in. Self-tapping screws are commonly used in a wide range of applications.
It's important to choose the right type and size of self-tapping screw for a specific application to ensure proper installation and optimal performance. The screw's diameter, length, and thread type should match the material and thickness to achieve a secure and reliable fastening.
PVC Pipe / Elbow
PVC (Polyvinyl Chloride) pipe and elbow are essential components used in plumbing, construction, and various industrial applications. They are made from a type of plastic known as PVC, which offers several advantages for various piping needs.
PVC pipes and elbows have become popular choices in various industries due to their versatility, ease of installation, and resistance to corrosion. When used in combination, they form a reliable and efficient piping system for transporting fluids and protecting electrical wires. Proper installation and adherence to industry standards are essential to ensure the safety and effectiveness of PVC pipe and elbow applications.